Tuesday 17 November 2009

LPG again...

I went for the brown paper (I have a fascination for it I suppose), at least for one rack. Here are 8 Buchla LPG clones awaiting a PSU... ... and a view also of the back, showing stand-0ffs and wiring etc... wowee!



... and a close-up of the printed graphics... I really like the MDF, it means I can make a panel in minutes, just cut the wood to size, attach drill template using double sided film, drill, sand, attach panel graphics using same film... done... If I don't like the design... do it again!

3 comments:

  1. wow, that's epic! It looks quite nice in brown- reminds me of Ian Fritz' synth (except he uses small MOTM style knobs).
    I imagine 8 LPG's would be lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of Ian's synth - I wish he'd post better pictures! Yes 8 LPG's - I couldn't help it, I haven't yet used them all at once, but I suppose I've only had them all up and running for a few days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to get some more of the final run (i have 2, 1 built so far), but Luka etched for me 2 of the 291 pcb's which have LP, BP & HP. I'm curious as to how the HP & BP will sound- it might be possible to emulate a xylophone or vibraphone or one of the wooden African hammer/mallet type instruments.
    It would be great if the 292c could be modified for additional passes, but i haven't studied filter design enough to know.

    ReplyDelete